Burbank Democratic Club 2020 Endorsements
Congratulations to all the club-endorsed candidates elected on the November 3rd.
We look forward to working with you!
Steve Ferguson, Burbank Unified School District Board of Education
Dr. Emily Weisberg, Burbank Unified School District Board of Education
Konstantine Anthony, Member of the Burbank City Council
Nick Schultz, Member of the Burbank City Council
Anthony Portantino, Member of the California State Senate, District 25
Laura Friedman, Member of the California State Assembly, District 43
Steve Morgan, Judge for the Superior Court of Los Angeles County, Office 72
Scott Yang, Judge for the Superior Court of Los Angeles County, Office 162
George Gascón, District Attorney for the County of Los Angeles
Christy Smith, Member of United States Congress, District 25
Adam Schiff, Member of United States Congress, District 28
Brad Sherman, Member of United States Congress, District 30
1. The club may only make endorsements in races that residents of Burbank are eligible to vote in.
2. It is the responsibility of the campaigns of non-incumbent candidates for office or ballot measures to request an endorsement from the club.
3. All candidates or measures in any given race are required to answer the same questions as all candidates or measures in that race.
4. New memberships are not eligible to vote until after 60 days of signing up for membership.
5. Endorsement votes are only made by the club's general membership, there are no recommendations made by the club's executive board.
6. If an endorsement discussion and vote for any candidate or measure is properly noticed in the agenda, the respective candidate or measure must receive at least 60% of the active members present to receive the club's official endorsement.
1. For non-incumbent candidates for office or ballot measures, the campaign must formally request the endorsement of the club to be considered. Endorsements can be requested by notifying any member of the Executive Board or by emailing the club at: .
2. Incumbent candidates for office are generally contacted by the Executive Board to request an endorsement, for those who have not been contacted, please reach out to the club to request an endorsement.
3. Upon requesting an endorsement, the Executive Board shall determine the candidate's eligibility for consideration under the club's bylaws. Should the candidate be eligible, they will be sent a questionnaire and a request to attend the club's endorsement meeting.
4. An endorsement meeting will be announced, the vote will be noticed on the agenda, and brought up for a vote at that meeting.
For detailed information on the endorsement process, please see the club's bylaws.